August 2020 - Strawberry Melon Summer Salad
- Fruits provide many essential nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C and folate.
- Fruits are naturally low in fat, sodium and calories.
- Perfect for summer BBQs and holiday parties.
September 2020 - Hot Cider
- Apple cider may improve cognitive skills due to its high level of antioxidants.
- Apple cider also contains anitoxidants flavonoids which can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Apple cider is an excellent source of vitamin C and Potassium.
October 2020 - Cheesy Turnip Cornbread
- October is Farm to School Month - 2020 Turnip the Volume!
- Parent Recipe Contest Winning Recipe
- The turnip is a root vegetable. The leaves can also be eaten and are called turnip greens.
- There are over 30 varieties of turnips.
- Turnips are an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamin C and vitamin B6, folate, calcium, potassium and copper.
November 2020 - Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potatoes can be boiled, baked, steamed, fried or roasted.
- They are usually orange but are also found in other colors such as white, red, pink, violet, yellow and purple.
- They are an excellent source of beta carotene, vitamin C and potassium.
- Sweet potatoes have a variety of health benefits, including improved blood sugar regulation.
December 2020 - Homemade Hot Chocolate
- Cocoa powder is a good source of fiber and iron, promotes heart health and aids memory.
- Cocoa is rich in antioxidants known as flavonoids.
- Cocoa just plain makes you happy.
January 2021 - Zuppa Toscana
- This recipe includes Kale. Kale/Greens is the Georgia Farm to School Harvest of the Month for January.
- 1/2 cup of cooked kale contains 21 calories, .071 gram of fat and 2.4 grams of fiber
- Kale is an excellent source of vitamins A and C and a good source of calcium and potassium
February 2021 - Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan Cheese
- Cruciferous vegetables is the Georgia Farm to School Harvest of the Month for February.
- Broccoli if a cruciferous vegetable. It can be eaten raw or cooked, with just 2 spears counting as one of your five-a-day.
- It's a good source of fiber and protein and contains iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium as well as vitamins A, C, E, K and B's.
- Broccoli may enhance your health in many ways, such as by reducing inflammation, improving blood sugar control, boosting your immunity and promoting a healthy heart.
SY 2018 - 2019 Recipes
SY 2019 - 2020 Recipes