Purpose of the School Council
With O.C.G.A. § 20-2-85/86 (2010), the General Assembly of Georgia created councils to “bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education problems, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and bring parents into the school-based decision-making process.” School Councils shall provide advice, recommendations, and assistance and represent the community of parents and business. The council is accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
· Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues.
· Participate in council meetings.
· Participate in information and training programs.
· Act as a link between the school council and the community.
· Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community.
· Work to improve student achievement.
· Provide advice and recommendations to the school principal and local board of education.
2021-2022 School Council Meetings
NOTE: Meetings may be held virtually using Microsoft Teams due to restrictions on school visitors; please contact the school for confirmation before coming to the school to attend a meeting in person. Tentatively, all meetings will be held at 3:30 p.m. in the Front Office Conference Room.
· Thursday, September 9th Meeting Minutes
· Thursday, November 11th Meeting Minutes
· Thursday, January 27th
· Thursday, March 31st
· Thursday, May 5th
School Council Members
· Principal, Tia Bryller
· Parent, Kevin Crayon (2020-2022)
· Parent, Ali Toole (2020-2022)
· Parent, Maria Salazar (2021-2023)
· Parent, Nikita Delacruz (2021-2023)
· Business Partner, Lorayne Jones (2021-2023)
· Teacher, Nicole Vaught (2021-2023)
· Teacher, Eva Holston (2021-2023)